Dining Destination: Dolci Bar

8:31 PM

Some of you might find it a bit funny that the first few 2012 blog posts published on my site have something to do with food. Seems like I haven't had enough of eating these past holiday festivities (oh you bet, haha!). After underscoring Yabu's full main course meals of delicious kastsu dishes as a new year starter, I will be featuring a dessert bistro that you definitely should try (just in case you havent)!

For one, if you're looking for a relaxed place to hang out at Fort Bonifacio in Taguig, you might want to check out Burgos Circle because it has a good line up of cafés and restaurants. So far, I've only been to one, Bar Dolci, a snack bar which is very popular for its sugary servings of macarons and Italian gelato!

Since I've been trying to lessen my saccharin intake, I was pretty pleased to know that  Bar Dolci also offers various dough delights. Not  a lot of people know that I'm sucker for breads. In Shakey's I can even finish up their small basket of garlic bread on my own! Bar Dolci's roster of breads all looked incredibly tempting. However, I only tried Bar Dolci's Bacon and Cheese Bruschetta (P260), an Italian antipasto with bacon and creamy cheese toppings over seasoned focaccia bread.


The bruschetta is pretty much like a bacon and cheese pizza made so much better. The focaccia bread that they used was soft and easy to munch on. The toppings and all the herbs came together in such an appetizing treat.


Despite my attempt to cut on the sweets, I couldn't help but gratify myself with  Bar Dolci's famous macarons which are said to be one of the best in Manila. They come in yummy flavors that I wish I could all try but at a retail price of P50 for each piece, around five or less would be enough to indulge on.  



My top three choices of macaron flavors include the bestseller Ferrero (my all time favorite chocolate), Pistachio and French Vanilla. All the macarons that I've tried were delectable. I truly enjoyed the mixed texture of the soft ganache-filling, sandwiched between crisp but moist meringues. 


And because the macarons are small and a bit pricey to fully satisfy my craving for heavenly sweets, I was told that a trip to Bar Dolci is incomplete without giving their so-called "authentic, Italian gelato" a try. Gelato is just a fancier term for ice cream or sorbet (haha!), but it was definitely a moment wherein I just had to give in to that urge. Just looking at the array of flavors, how can I say no right?


I was torn between the organic yogurt with blueberry and again, my weakness, Ferrero (hihi)! But since it was a first time, I decided to go with their bestseller, a mix of caramel and Ferrero. A cup costs around P120 and it was refreshing to relish on something that is not too sweet which was totally far from what I expected it to be. 

A cup is actually hefty enough to be shared by two people. 
It was worthwhile to commute all the way to Fort just to check out this orange-themed, sweet spot. If it's not too far from your area, take the time to explore Burgos Circle and pay Bar Dolci a visit. For fashionistas, I would have to say the whole area is actually an outfit-shot-friendly place. At night, its bright lights and high-end structures will make you wonder, am I just really in Taguig, or a city in some other country? Just look at Sarah and Ana here!  



Special thanks to Bar Dolci and Open Rice for inviting me to come over.  Bar Dolci  is located at F133 Forbeswood Heights cor. Burgos Circle, Fort Bonifacio Global City, Taguig. You may contact them (02) 846-8245.

Visit them online: Official WebsiteFacebook Page

STYLE AND SOUL ON LOOKBOOK | CHICTOPIA | LIKE STYLE AND SOUL FB PAGE
FOLLOW TUMBLR | FOLLOW TWITTER | SHOP F-STOP | F-STOP ON FACEBOOK | F-STOP ON TUMBLR

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. all this yummy food is making me hungrrrry, melai! hope they open a branch in cebu? hehe :)

    happy new year, babe! :)

    http://dredreveries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I super love sweets! I saw that dati, but meh out of budget :( One day I shall treat myself on that! :D


    Almira :)
    numbertwohere

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Number Two Lover: Hi! The ice cream is fairly affordable if you're sharing but the macarons hmmm. Yummy but really for splurging days lang. hehe.

    @Sabo: Thaaanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the food looks all too yummy! shucks! it's so 7am and haven't had breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate anything you have to say. Thanks for dropping by. It means so much to me. Love, Melai

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images