Putting up a one-woman show2:25 AM
I couldn't sleep. It's now 3 AM and later, by 7 AM, I need to be at the bazaar location to prep my F-STOP booth. I'm still thinking if this bazaar-ing would turn out fine. I'll be a super woman later and pull off everything on my own.
- My parents & siblings aren't supportive of the business so I couldn't expect anything from them.
- My friends give words of encouragement but you see, they don't have time (and I don't want to keep them either) to help out, even on shoots or events like these because they have lives of their own too (though I could sometimes count on them to buy my items, haha).
- I would be carrying everything and load them up in the taxi by myself later (take note my apartment is on the top-most floor, no elevator just stairs). The stuff I have with me are 1) more or less 100 pieces of clothes, 2) huge plastic container w/ my supplies, 3) electric fan, 4) a heavy metal rack, 5) tarp, 6) laptop, 7) two additional smaller racks, 8) foldable table and a 9) heavy wooden mirror (geez, don't think that would fit in a cab though).
- My boyfriend has helped me enough during the Brown Bag Market so I think, I shouldn't ask him again on this one. Besides, I value his time so much that I don't want him to be wasting it on me if he has other better things to do.
- I'd be manning the booth and pack up on my own too.
What a super hero I would have to be!
Yes, I do get help when I need it; like asking my boyfriend to do the photography, at times, requesting him to accompany me (I'll pay gas / food) but most of the time, I've been doing everything myself.
- Styling and modeling
- Photography and post processing
- Accounting and finance
- Website layout / HTML codes
- Promotion and marketing
- Treasure hunting (for vintage collection)
- 1st and 2nd level washing (out of four levels)
- Ironing clothes
- Packaging and shipping
At times, I wish I was one of those shop owners who knew a lot of models/ stylists/ photographers/ contacts to probably help me out; a business partner maybe? But I guess what makes F-STOP different from other stores is that I alone, do everything and I try to rely only on myself to get things done. The service they get is indeed a true labor of love and exceeding effort.
Some super powers eh? ^_^