Young Folk, Silly Folk

10:28 AM



I know this is waaaaay toooo late for posting (sorry na mga teh... PRs Mel and Sarah) but my laptop's breaking down is indeed a valid reason. Diba (tee hee)? What a waste it would be to leave those unpublished photos in my hard drive right?


So a lot of you might be aware of the collaboration collection between Greater Good apparel and Style Break, which was launched last February. You should have known it by now since other blogs have mentioned it. I had the chance to attend their launch party at Borough (in Podium) with my blogger friends Ava and Honey.

Brand muses wearing items from the collection.

In my quick interview with good friends Laureen Uy of Style Break and Chris Conception of Greater Good, I got to know first-hand information about the collection from the owners themselves. The young entrepreneurs said that all the pieces in the collection intend to campaign for environmental and animal awareness. Their designs are said to communicate that advocacy as seen through Laureen's fabric choices of animal prints and florals.

Host Raymond Guitierrez and Greater Good co-owner Mike Concepcion.

Young Folk, Silly Folk
was a title they came up with to signify their belief in power of the younger generation. Chris encouraged the youth to be more involved in so many things that can make a difference in the world. These folks have started doing their own share by contributing some of the proceeds of the collab collection to Philippine Animal Welfare Society (PAWS). They invite you to do the same thing by simply buying one (or more if you want) of their collection pieces.


I know this news is too old for yah. But to make up for it, I have scoops! Laureen is currently working on a secret collection (she doesn't like to divulge details yet) and this month, Style Break will be opening in Rockwell's Archeology section. Meanwhile, Chris gave me the first dibs on their plans of designing swim wear pieces in the future. Also, if you think that Greater Good's Mall of Asia branch is too far for your travel convenience, guess what? They are opening a branch in SM North this coming May (see teasers here)!


Young Folk, Silly Folk, a Greater Good and Style Break collaboration is still available. Visit Style Break to view the whole collection.




You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. looks like fun! and definitely checking it out :)
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pics! I love your blog!:)
    Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!
    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate anything you have to say. Thanks for dropping by. It means so much to me. Love, Melai

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images